Louis Prima Jr. & The Witnesses, Special guest Nick Willett - 7/176:00pm Doors / 8:00pm Start
About Louis Prima Jr.
Louis Prima Jr. and his powerhouse 8-piece band, The Witnesses, bring a rock edge and explosive energy to ten Prima Sr. classics on his debut album Return Of The Wildest on Warrior Records/Universal Music.
Louis Prima Jr. is stretching the boundaries between the swing and rock eras. With a powerhouse eight-piece, brass infused band called The Witnesses, and renowned singer, actress and musical theater performer Sarah Spiegel sharing vocal duties, LPJ is turning up the fire and adding blistering energy to the music and style that his father, Louis Prima Sr., made famous.
Bringing a new energy and current attitude to the music, Prima Jr. and his band are less concerned about reliving the past than about creating a future for it. More than a tribute show (like the kind you might see in a supper club) he has created a bona fide rock act that pays tribute in a concert atmosphere. Anyone who comes to hear a mere “tribute show” should be prepared to have their socks knocked off – or stay away.
For five decades, Louis Prima Sr. stayed at the forefront of the entertainment world, with his inimitable style and musical prowess. Now, 34 years after Prima Sr. passed away, one thing is clear: the world still has a voracious appetite to laugh, be happy, dance and “Jump Jive An’ Wail.”
• “The new crown prince of swing!” – (www.AllMusic.com)
• Louis Prima Jr. has a larger-than-life legacy to live up to, but after the first notes of "Oh Babe," ...you'll have no doubt that he's up to the task.” – (iTunes)
• “… snares listeners with an appealing mix of unbridled enthusiasm and self control. I cannot remember the last time that every track on a CD made me smile as it began.” – (www.Examiner.com)
• “Louis Jr’s show was outrageously fantastic. Incredible energy, exciting music- they should have a permanent spot on the Vegas strip” (Robin Leach)
• “Blows the doors off” (Atlantic City Weekly)
• “Louis has serious swing chops and dynamite entertainment value just like his old man without a doubt. LPJ take the family lineage into the 21st Century” (Philadelphia Inquirer)
• “LPJ revived his Dad’s hits in a high powered show. People were literally dancing in the streets” (Los Angeles Jazz Scene)
• “Prima and his sizzling 8 member band took fans back to the era when his father was the hottest act in America. The life, times, and music lives on in his son and the sensational present-day Witnesses” (Napa Valley Register)
• “Junior has recreated his Dad’s sound and wild antics” (NY Daily News)
• “Louis slayed the sold out Hard Rock Café. The band blew out the Vegas Strip. High energy. Packs ultimate power punch” (www.vegasnews.com)
• “It’s a show with infectious energy” (www.dailyfiasco.com)
• “Louis Prima Jr. is a dead ringer for his Dad” (www.neworleans.com)
About Nick Willett
Nick Willett is a multi-faceted music entertainer from Chicago who specializes in delivering the highest level of quality and feeling in every performance, both audibly and visually. His musical style can be described as a mixture of the Pop, Rock n’ Roll, Gospel, Latin, Country and Western, and Rhythm n’ Blues music of the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s, as well as some 80’s influence; a little something for everyone. His perfect blend of modern and nostalgic styling is truly refreshing to experience. A few of his favorite artists/influences are Dean Martin, Elvis Presley, Rick Nelson, Roy Hamilton, Jackie Wilson, Lavern Baker, and Charlie Rich, Michael Jackson, and The Mavericks, to name a few.
You might also like: